July 23, 2024 - End of Semester Long Form Assignment

 I was very impressed with this video! Jazmine Sachiko Ross in this video is British but grew up in Japan. She attended kindergarten, elementary school, junior high school, high school, college, and graduate school in Japan. So although she looks different, she said "My heart is Japanese!". She says this in a positive way, but I think it is not easy to think this way because many things, such as hair color, height, language are different from Japanese people. In fact, she seemed to have complexes about those things. Nevertheless, she has overcome those problems. There is one thing about her experience that I think particularly bad. That is what the teacher said to another student when she got a good grade on a Japanese test. The teacher said "Why is Ross number one?". This comment feels discriminatory. I think it just the result of her efforts. I feel sad to hear that. She now wants to start a brand to help others in the same situation as her. I would like to support her project to reduce the anxiety of foreigners living in Japan! There are many international students at my university so I want to help them when they are in need.  

Comments

  1. I agree with that point. It was not nice of the teacher to say that. Thank you very much! 20/20

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts